Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home Depot - Good/Bad

Once again, Home Depot manages to get it's signals crossed to me. I went there on a Monday evening to return a box of floor nails that were left over from a weekend project. I have to admit the return was absolutely trouble-free. They didn't even ask why I was returning them, just filled out a form and had me sign their box.

Then I went to buy a blind for our kitchen. The guy I contacted actually seemed to know what he was talking about. We had some trouble finding the correct size and color blind I wanted, but it turned out to be stored in the wrong section. Once found, he trimmed it to size, explained to me how to mount it and how to shorten the length. I can't tell you how unusual that is for me in Home Depot. Usually, I can't even find a clerk, let alone one who knows what is going on.

The one bad point is the same bad point as usual. The Home Depot self-scan checkout just plain sucks. I have only rarely been able to use it without enlisting the help of a checkout person - which pretty much nullifies the whole idea of a self-scan checkout. This time the scanner told me I didn't put the item down correctly, then said I didn't put anything down at all. It took about four or five tries by the checkout clerk to finally let me buy my blind. The one good thing about the checkout was that since it was late, I didn't have to listen to the hot dog dude pushing his wares.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home